Monday, April 19, 2010

Trust In Me.

"If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus one day, so I never have to live without you."
- Winnie the Pooh

Quickly approaching is the opportunity of a lifetime. I am estatic to have the chance to create my own fairytale in a world of magic, but seven months away from home seems rough.

The day I received my acceptance email to the Disney College Program my friend posted this on her facebook: "Dani is leaving me for a man in a mouse suit that practicly owns America...... UGH :(" I will miss my friends so much, yet they understand that this is the chance of a lifetime and support me 100%. The friends that truly know me understand that I am doing this for myself, my family and my future. I do know a few people who think I am doing this for the wrong reasons and I wish I could get through to them and make them understand that they couldn't be more wrong. So this blog is the reasons why I am excited for the next month to fly by.

When I was 4 years old I took my first trip to Disney. My grandmother and mother thought that it would be a dream come true for me, and they were right. At 4 years old I was pushed around magic kingdom in a stroller by my amazing grandmother and my mother who to this day is my best friend. They were so happy to see the smile on my face when I met Mickey & Minnie.

At 13 I took my second trip to Disney with my mother and my 5 year old sister. We went to all of the parks and waited in line for hours to go on all the rides. My mother had so much patience taking us around the parks and doing everything that we wanted to do. I took my little sister on Dumbo and told her that was the first ride grandma ever took me on. We rode in the same color as my grandma and I had done years earlier. I was self absorbed and thought I was the one making my little sisters dreams come true. On our last day we went to Magic Kingdom. We had not seen Cinderella and she was both mine and my sisters favorite princess. When we got to the point where we could take pictures with her they had told us that she was going to be on a break and would be back soon. Heartbroken we began to walk away. Then my mom turned around and gasped. She told me and my sister to turn around, and there was Cinderella. She told us that she couldn't take a break without seeing a few princesses first. My sister and I were speechless. She asked us what kingdom we were from and so many other questions. This memory is one that I have carried with me my whole life.

Two months ago I was looking at the picture of Cinderella, my sister and myself. I realized that while my mother and grandmother are both amazing people they were not the ones who made my dreams come true. I would not have enjoyed Disney as much if you took away the person who helped us on to the Dumbo ride, or the person who rented my mother the stroller or even Cinderella. What would Disney be if you took away each person who worked in the parks? What would Disney be if there was no one to compliment the little princesses that came to visit? The cast members of Disney don't always have the most elaborate role, but it is the small things that make a child's dream come true. I hope that while I am down at Disney I can make a little prince or princesses dream come true like they did for me, and that is why I look forward to Disney 2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment